The Youth Drug & Alcohol Project (YDAP) was launched in 2004 and is currently based within the Youth Offending Service. The team offers specialist services for young people up to their 18th birthday, living in the Sunderland area who have complex needs associated with substance misuse.
YDAP works with young people who’s substance use is problematic and impacting on their life with negative effect. That is:
- Physical or Mental Health
- Offending Behaviour
How We Work
- We will meet young people anywhere that are comfortable for them. This may be at home, school, youth club etc.
- We will complete an initial assessment to see what support young people require
- Together we will agree a plan of action to achieve what is required
- We will meet with young people regularly to help, support and motivate them
- Any work completed with YDAP is confidential
- This means what is discussed stays between the young person and the worker, unless it is deemed as a Safeguarding Issue
- However, in order to gain the best outcomes for young people, YDAP workers will always encourage young people to include parents/carers in their treatment journey
Freephone: 0800 1699892
Office: 0191 5614000