First Aid at Work - 3 Day Course
Course Aims and Objectives
- Assess an incident
- Manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Manage a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Manage a casualty who is in shock
- Manage a casualty with minor injury
The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 require an employer to provide adequate and appropriate first aid equipment, facilities and people so your employees and children in your care can be given immediate help if they are injured or taken ill at work. What is 'adequate and appropriate' will depend on the circumstances in your workplace and you should assess what your first aid needs are. After completing a final assessment successful candidates receive an approved certificate valid for three years.
This course is delivered on a variety of days / times.
Cost: £200 per person
Please contact Julie Harrison, Professional Development Officer on the following to book a place:
Tel: 0191 5612840