Please note: Due to essential maintenance the Family Portal will not be available from 4pm Tuesday 21st August 2018 until Thursday 23rd August 2018. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Every child in reception, year 1 and year 2 will receive a free school meal.
If you are a parent in receipt of any of the benefits listed below then your child is likely to be eligible for free school meals. It's quick and simple to apply online on our Family Portal.
Please apply if you get any of the qualifying benefits. Your child’s school can get extra funding if you do.
If you aren’t sure if you are eligible, please contact one of the team on 0191 561 1417.
You can also email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If your child is eligible for and getting free school meals at any time before 31 March 2022, they’ll remain eligible until this date.
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child might also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- attending a school nursery
- in full-time education
For guidance on how to apply online through our Family Portal see our guidelines below.
A copy of our Privacy Notice for the Family Portal is available as a download from this page.