Grace House offers respite and short breaks for children and young people with disabilities and their families.
To be eligible for Grace House services, you must be either a child under 25 with a disability or working towards a disability, or be a family member or carer living with a disabled child.
During the coronavirus pandemic, Grace House continues to provide:
- A telephone 'contact and keep in touch' service for everyone registered with Grace House, to provide support and respond to issues
- Counselling for adult family carers, disabled children and non-disabled siblings
- Regular themed contact sessions for family carers e.g. therapeutic arts, yoga and support
- Inclusive family activities via Zoom, including one to one music therapy
- A family support service, mainly aimed at families where there has been a recent diagnosis
- A newly launched family nurturing programme for those struggling to cope with changes in routine or behaviour
- A youth group for disabled people aged 13 to 25
- A family carer support group
- A Family First Facebook page, where family carers can share and learn
All serviecs are free to access.
If you would like more information, or to make a referral, please contact Grace House direct on:
0191 435 2088 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm