Integrated Contact and Referral Team

Together For Children's Integrated Contact and Referral Team (ICRT) provides a city-wide service across Sunderland to children where there are safeguarding concerns.

This includes children where concerns regarding child sexual exploitation and / or missing episodes have been identified.

It is a requirement of referring professionals that they use the Sunderland Multi Agency Child Protection / Child in Need Referral Form available from the website or by email unless it is felt a child is at risk of significant harm.

If there is reasonable cause to suspect that a child has suffered or is likely to suffer significant harm a referral can be made on 0191 561 7007. A written referral must be sent within one working day. Please send referrals to:

We have a duty to intervene to protect and safeguard the welfare of the child. This may involve agreeing with parents that the council accommodates the child. Or in more serious cases the council might apply to a court to begin the process of care proceedings which would grant the power to take decisions in the best interests of the child. This includes, where necessary, the power to remove the child to foster care or another safe place.

If you are worried about a child, please let us know.

Contact Children's Safeguarding on 0191 561 7007
(8.30am to 5.15pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30am to 4.45pm Friday)

The Out of Hours Team are contactable on 0191 520 5552
(available Monday-Thursday 5.15-8.30am and from Friday 4.45pm -  until Monday 8.30am)


TFC Referral Form

Click here to download our Referral Form

Guide to Our Thresholds of Need

A guide for practitioners and managers in Sunderland to assist in identifying a child’s level of need

More in Professionals

What is RSHE?

Our Relationship, Sex and Health Education (RSHE) service works with young people...

Delivering transformational change requires services to work together in new ways, creating opportunities for different...

As part of the government’s programme to support children of alcohol dependent parents, DHSC have...

If you have an unanswered query relating to the Mental Health Charter Mark please contact...

In partnership with