Parental conflict – including where parents are together or separated – which is frequent, intense and poorly resolved, puts children’s mental health and long-term life chances at risk.
The Reducing Parental Conflict Programme – known as ‘Relationships Matter’ in the North East – provides four new pathways of intervention proven to reduce parental conflict and improve outcomes for children.
Check out our information guide for practitioners in the downloads section below, which sets out the referral process and details of the available programmes for practitioners working directly with families.
Reminder of current process for Professionals:
- Practitioner identifies the conflict and completes the appropriate Referral Stage Questionnaire with each parent and consent to contact and share with the Gateway
- Appropriate Worker contacts Kim Kyle (Gateway) on 0191 433 3355 or 07860735990
- Gateway will upload answers to RSQ with the worker on the phone
- Gateway will discuss with the worker the case and gather relevant additional information, taking verbal consent
- The family support workers at Relate will contact each parent to gain verbal consent (signatures will be gathered at a later date) and gather additional information around any technology they may have
- The usual process of referring to Relate & CFNE will happen
- Contact will be made with parents by Relate & CFNE to carry out initial assessments and screening
- All interventions can be offered via a number of media options/virtually - Relate and CFNE are looking at possibly providing support for data and WiFi costs, however, this is still being explored
An information leaflet for practitioners.
The Reducing Parental Conflict Programme referral stage questionnaire for parents who are currently in a relationship.
The Reducing Parental Conflict Programme referral stage questionnaire for parents who are currently in a relationship together and are expecting their first child.
The Reducing Parental Conflict Programme referral stage questionnaire for parents who are separated/no longer in a relationship together.
The Reducing Parental Conflict Programme referral stage questionnaire for parents who are separated/no longer in a relationship together and expecting their first child.