Our current job vacancies are listed on the North East Jobs website
Are you passionate about making a difference to children's lives? If so, then think about joining our team and being part of Together for Children's journey to excellence. This is a unique opportunity to join us at the start of an exciting and innovative programme of change as we shape and develop our new dedicated children's company.
We are looking for skilled and experienced social workers and managers who have the passion and drive to ensure that children and young people in Sunderland achieve the best outcomes and receive high quality services.
Over the last 12 months there has been sustained and significant improvement in the quality of services delivered to children young people and their families. Improvement is being rigorously monitored through a multi-agency board and we consult with staff regarding the developments and change that effect front line practice.
One of our priorities is to recruit and retain a skilled, supported and confident social care workforce and to do this we:
• Work in small teams made up of a Team Manager, an Advanced Practitioner and no more than seven social workers
• Have a commitment to maintain caseloads at an average of 20 per worker
• Four day working week available
• Provide laptops and mobile phones to every social worker to make mobile and flexible working easier
• Have introduced a career progression scheme which is underpinned by a professional learning and development plan
• Are planning a Professional Leadership Programme for new Managers and Advanced Practitioners
• Make sure that all social workers and managers receive regular, high quality supervision.