Our dedicated and highly respected team offer a wealth of financial support, guidance and practical solutions to schools. Our services include:
- Financial Management System and Technical Services: Accounts payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Payroll and Asset Management.
- Financial Management Services:
- Access to online Budget Planning Software for annual and 3 to 5 year plans.
- Salary costing service.
- Access to Finance Service User Groups for Nursery, Primary and Special Schools.
- Provision of templates for effective financial management and reporting.
- Various packages that include presentation to Governors, finalising year-end accounts, budget plans and submissions to the local authority
Our HR team is proven in delivering advice and support services to Schools across the North East. We are experts in School Teacher’s terms and conditions, we understand your service needs and the complexities of the school environment.
- Professional advice and guidance on Employment Legislation.
- Advice on application of your employment policies.
- Safer recruitment and the Single Central Record.
- HR and employment aspects of Academy conversion and TUPE transfer.
- Advice and support to prepare and appear at Employment Tribunal.
- Support in attendance management, disciplinary, grievance, capability/performance issues.
- Advice on organisational change, including staffing restructures and redundancies.
- Model policies and procedures.
School Improvement Training
We are committed to delivering a comprehensive school improvement service that supports schools, therefore our comprehensive training supports staff throughout the school community to ensure you build knowledge of good and outstanding practice.
All of our trainers are experienced Senior Leaders, SENCOs, teachers and specialist practitioners who have a high level of in-depth knowledge related to specific training topics. Our Conferencing and Training includes:
- NQT Induction and CPD
- Governor Training
- Leadership Training
- Prevent Counter Terrorism
- SEND Training
- Governors Support
- Educational Psychology
The main purpose of induction is to provide a bridge from initial teacher training, to being established as a fully qualified teacher. Together for Children supports schools to deliver induction as “the Appropriate Body” and has the statutory duty of quality assurance in the process. We provide a range of training opportunities to support NQTs and Induction Tutors.
We offer two induction routes for NQTs:
Core - This comes as standard as part of the NQT registration. The offer includes a range of ‘pick and mix’ free spotlight sessions which are designed to build on initial teacher training.
Enhanced – This package includes all of the elements of the core package plus free access to more detailed/key stage specific subject training which take place in the morning or afternoon sessions.
We offer a unique NQT residential conference based at Derwent Hill in Keswick.
Full details and current costs can be found in our current NQT Induction programme.
Schools looking to register an NQT for 2019 and beyond should visit our online registration and reporting platform at https://sunderland.nqtmanager.com/Login.aspx
Details of the 2019 NQT Conference can be found in our leaflet
Andrew Johnson – NQT Lead
Support and Intervention Officer
Tel: 07787 284 284
Niki Foster – NQT Admin
Tel: 0191561 2052
Julie Harrison – NQT CPD
Tel: 0191 5612840
Our Governor Support Service provides a highly effective governance clerking service. Advice, guidance and support to Governing Boards, individual Governors and Principals ensures compliance with school governance regulations.
- A named Clerk, with experience of schools’ governance clerking will:
- convene meetings, prepare and distribute agendas.
- provide advice and offer objective guidance on governance responsibilities.
- produce timely, accurate, detailed minutes of meetings.
- complete meeting following up action and correspondence on behalf of the Board.
- monitor the membership of the Governing/Trust Board and attendance at meetings.
- provide an Induction Pack for new governors/trustees.
Our team of highly qualified psychologists have significant education experience and are all registered practitioners. We aspire for inclusivity and methods to identify children’s strengths, barriers to success and encourage psychological wellbeing.
Our Statutory Offer includes SEND and EHCP assessment, advice and key transition transfers. Additional services include:
- Psychological assessment to help define the nature and implications of a child’s difficulties.
- Psychological interventions (including therapeutic interventions).
- Support on setting and evaluating objectives, outcomes and measuring impact.
- Psychological guidance and advice to staff focused on narrowing gaps in attainment.
- Contribution towards multi-agency meetings.
- Special exam arrangements.
- We support more than 80 North East Schools
- 100% of HR clients would recommend our services
Angela Bremner, HR Manager
Angela has a Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management since 2001 and is a Chartered member of the CIPD. Angela has managed services to schools and academies for the last 11 years and has spent a further seven in the provision of services to the Social Care and Children’s workforce. She is delighted to be leading the delivery of services to schools at Together for Children; helped by a fantastic team of experienced and qualified Advice colleagues. Angela led on a number of early academy conversions, managing the accompanying transfer out of staff and advising schools on all complex employee relations issues associated with this
Diane Henderson, Assistant HR Manager
Diane has held a Masters Degree in Human Resource Management since 2007 and is an Associate member of the CIPD. Diane directly manages our team of HR Advisers and our HR support function, and has provided HR advice within the education sector for the last 15 years. Diane is committed to ensuring that you receive high quality advice and that we meet, and exceed, your customer expectations. Diane carries out regular supervisions with the team to ensure that advice is consistent, appropriate to the needs of your school, and timely.
Gavin Duncan, Senior HR Adviser
Gavin is an Associate member of the CIPD and a Chartered Member of the CMI. Gavin is an experienced human resources professional who has worked within the field for 18 years. Throughout this period he has supported a number of local authority functions across a wide variety of HR related matters. In recent years Gavin has focused on the provision of HR advice and support to schools and academies and has specialised in education law and the requirements of the STPCD, Burgundy Book, Green Book and local terms and conditions of employment.
Amanda Hoggett, Senior HR Adviser
Amanda has held a Degree in Business and Human Resource Management since 2004 and is an Associate member of the CIPD. Amanda’s role has involved the provision of HR advice and support to schools and Academies for the last 14 years. Amanda is an expert in areas such as job evaluation and whole school restructures.
Stephen Hoggett, Senior HR Adviser
Stephen is a fully qualified HR Adviser, having gained a Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resources Management in 2011. Stephen is an active Associate member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). Stephen has worked within the HR function for 12 years and is currently the nominated HR contact for a number of schools, and academy trusts.
Susan Holmes, Senior HR Adviser
Susan is a fully qualified HR Adviser and has held a CIPD qualification since 2003 and is an Associate member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD). Susan’s role has involved HR advice and support to the Careers Service and Sunderland City Council including Directorate, Local Authority Trading Companies, Schools and Academies for the last 18 years.
Leanne Questa, Senior HR Adviser
Leanne has a Degree in Business and HR Management and has been an Associate member of CIPD since 2006. Leanne started her HR experience within the corporate centre of a Local Authority. She was required to provide HR and Advice to a variety of operational areas and specialised in employee relations.
School Improvement Team
What Our Clients Say
“I would recommend TfC to anyone and admire all within it as they are all knowledgeable and highly professional individuals. I’d have been lost without the team this year and due to their diligence and support I have been able to get through some of the toughest challenges that a Headteacher could face.”
“I have had many complex and long running staffing issues this year. I feel that I have been fully supported through each case. Thanks."
“Highly responsive and accurate advice and guidance that our school can depend on.”