EXPLORE your next steps online – (replaces Fairbridge programme) aged 16-25 and interested in building your confidence and skills, while finding new opportunities?
Due to Covid restrictions, Explore programme is currently running online with additional 1-2-1 check-in’s with YP:
- Rolling programme – no start or end date
- Identify your goals
- Take part in online group activities using Microsoft Team
- A regular and flexible timetable
- Gain one-to-one support
- Develop your confidence and social skills
- Take part in employability sessions and develop new skills
- Benefit from ongoing support to help you find the right opportunities in work, education or training
Explore will return to face-to-face support in due course when the situation allows, which will allow participants to choose how they engage; whether face-to-face, online or a blended approach.
TEAM – (recruiting NOW for January cohort- *Covid19 restrictions may affect some of the advertised activities – please get int touch for additional information)
- aged 16-25? Want to meet new people and try something different? Limited spaces – get in touch to find your nearest location across the North East and Teesside.
- 12-week personal development programme
- Boost your confidence and motivation
- Achieve accredited qualification (Level 1 or 2 Employment, Teamwork and Community Skills)
- *Complete a work-based placement to gain experience
- *Attend a residential and take part in adventurous activities
EMPLOY ME – Next session 8-12 February 2021
- aged 16-25? A chance to build on confidence and communication.
- A mixture of self-directed learning and online group sessions using Microsoft Team
- Support with CV writing, cover letters and online job applications
- Customer service skills workshops
- Interview technique and mock interview sessions.
LIGHTHOUSE LABORATORY ASSISTANT ROLES
Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust have brought Prince’s Trust onboard, to support recruitment of staff to the new Lighthouse Lab in Gateshead. We are thrilled to be involved and are keen to deliver support programmes which will help our local young people into employment. There are three levels of support program:
Kickstart (ages 18-25 years, accessed through local Job Centre)
Get Started (ages 18-30, support for those already actively applying for jobs)
Get Into (ages 18-30, Support for those needing a little more support around applying for roles generally) see also flyers attached for details and eligibility:
Get Started with NHS: Laboratory Assistant (First Group)
- 16-Feb - Taster day
- 22-26 Feb - 1 week program to support young people to apply for the available positions.
Get Started with NHS: Laboratory Assistant (Second Group)
- 02 Mar - Taster day
- 08-12 Mar - 1 week program to support young people to apply for the available positions.
Get Into NHS: Laboratory Assistant (First Group)
- 23 Mar - Taster day
- 29 Mar – 09 Apr - 2 week program to support young people to apply for the available positions.
Get Into NHS: Laboratory Assistant (Second Group)
- 13-Apr - Taster day
- 19-30 Apr - 2 week program to support young people to apply for the available positions.
How do I find out more or get in touch?
- Refer to email@example.com with name, a phone number, and email. In the subject line please indicate which programme you are looking for. Prince’s Trust staff will need to arrange an appointment for an informal chat over the phone with the young person to take down details and book onto programmes.
- Call our Customer Service Team 0800 842842
- Online live chat is available on the Prince’s Trust Webpage.