Are you ready to make a difference to children’s lives? Join our supportive team and help us to make an impact in Sunderland.
We are looking for experienced children’s social workers/senior social workers and managers.
We currently have the following vacancies in Social Care:
- Connected Care Team Manager
- Adoption Team Manager
- Fostering Team Manager
- Social Workers - Locality Teams (Child Protection)
See below for further details and information on how to apply.
You can look forward to:
- one of the most competitive salaries for children’s social work in North East England with a maximum earning potential of £40,052 per annum for a post qualified worker.
- essential car user allowance of £1,239 per annum, paid monthly included in salary advertised
- 2% Recruitment and Retention payment, paid monthly included in salary advertised
- Up to £6000 ‘introduction’ payment and relocation expenses
- no hot desking
- free on site parking
- a Local Government Pension
- flexible working - we offer working from home and compressed hours working
- manageable caseloads
- dedicated support is available to help with demands of the day to day job from Business Administration Support for typing and filing, the Family Contact Service to facilitate supervised contacts and dedicated Child and Family Workers based within the teams.
- a dedicated CPD programme to help grow your career
- Child Care Voucher Scheme and Cycle to Work Scheme
- 20% discount on a new Nissan/30% discount on an Infiniti
- reduced price membership for Everyone Active gyms with a free taster day
We know that children’s social work is rewarding, but it can be tough. We offer a friendly, supportive environment and value the contribution each member of staff brings.
We also pride ourselves on making life a little easier on our staff by offering flexible working hours, compressed hours working, homeworking and job-sharing for a better work / life balance.
It's quick and easy to apply for our social care roles:
- Our key social care vacancies (including job descriptions and person specifications) are listed below.
- Please visit the North East Jobs website - https://www.northeastjobs.org.uk where you can view and apply for our vacancies.
- You can also submit applications for vacancies outside of Social Care through the North East Jobs website.
- You can subscribe to our social care recruitment mailing list here. We will only use your information to tell you about job vacancies and recruitment news. To view our Privacy Notice click here.