We know that children’s social work can make for a challenging working day, but with that challenge comes the reward you get from knowing you’ve helped keep a child safe.
We offer a supportive and friendly working environment and value the contribution each member of staff brings.
We are committed to providing all of our staff with the leadership and support they need as well as manageable caseloads. At Together for Children we:
- Work in small teams made up of a Team Manager, an Assistant Team Manager and no more than seven social workers
- Have a commitment to a caseload average of 22 children per worker
- Provide laptops and mobile phones to make flexible, smart working easier
- Offer essential car user allowance
- All social workers have their own desk and storage space (we don't hot desk)
- Have introduced a career progression scheme which is underpinned by a professional learning and development plan
- Are in the process of planning a Professional Leadership Programme for new managers and advanced practitioners
- Make sure that all social workers and managers receive regular, high quality supervision
- Offer all staff a comprehensive induction scheme
Additional benefits include:
- Our Social Work salaries are one of the most competitive in the region (with progression to £40,052 per annum for a post qualified worker)
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Essential car user allowance (for using your car to transport children and families £1,239 pa)
- 25 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Option to purchase additional annual leave via salary sacrifice
- Relocation packages up to £3,000
- 2% Recruitment and Retention payment
- Discount on new Nissan cars - 20% off new Nissans and up to 30% off the Infiniti range
- A reduced price membership for Everyone Active gyms, with a free taster day available
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers scheme
- Free on site parking
- A dedicated CPD programme to help grow your career
- Long service awards
- A Local Government Pension
- Flexible working to support you in maintaining work / life balance - up to two days flexi per month, including: annualised hours, compressed hours, homeworking, job-sharing, shift working, staggered hours, part-year/term time working.
- No hot desking
- Manageable caseloads
- Dedicated support is available to help with demands of the day to day job from Business Administration Support for typing and filing, the Family Contact Service to facilitate supervised contacts and dedicated Child and Family Workers based within the teams.